Which Bangkok bakeries get the most Four Square check-ins?
I have to say I don’t get why anyone would do Foursquare check-ins in Bangkok, no matter where they are. After all, why would you want tens of thousands of strangers to know where you are? But, Foursquare check-ins in Bangkok are incredibly popular and, particularly it seems, at Bangkok’s bakeries. So, which are Bangkok’s top five bakeries for Foursquare check-ins? You might be surprised.
1. Mont Nom Sod – a traditional Thai bakery in the Phra Nakhon area of Bangkok, close to Bangkok’s city hall. Mont Nom Sod is popular with Thais as it’s cheap, it has that old-fashioned ‘cool’ air to it, and the donuts, buns, and slices of toasted bread with various sweet toppings are delicious. You can find more about Mont Nom Sod at their website. You can find this particular branch of Mont Nom Sod, the most popular bakery Foursquare check-in in Bangkok at 160/1-3 Dinso Road in Phra Nakhon.
2. Mont Nom Sod at MBK – Not surprisingly, another branch of Mont Nom Sod, this time at the massive MBK mall next to National Stadium sky train station, is number 2 on the top bakery Foursquare check-in in Bangkok. You’ll find them on the second floor of the mall and more about their Foursquare information here.
3. Bangwan – A very pretty independent bakery in the Suan Luang area of Bangkok, Bangwan currently comes in at number 3 on the Foursquare bakery check-in list for Bangkok. They’re famous for their Nutella on toast and ham and cheese sandwiches. Yum.
4. NYCC Cheesecake – They sell the best cheesecake in Bangkok. It’s flown in from New York so no surprise there. They are also located at the trendy Crystal Design Center, have a cute storefront and serve delicious food. A bit pricey but worth checking out, and they have the fourth largest number of Bangkok bakery check-ins on Foursquare.
5. Mr. Jones’ Orphanage – A Bangkok bakery I’ve never heard of but, with a name that intriguing, they sound like an interesting place to check out.
Mr. Jones’ Orphanage is located on the second floor of the newly renovated Siam Center in Bangkok, which has a fabulous number of cafes and restaurants and is one of the most beautifully designed malls in Bangkok, so worth a visit in its own right.
Famous for their massive cakes, which are also incredibly beautiful, and particularly for their chocolate mud pie, as many Thais say it’s Bangkok’s best, and their fruit-topped cakes.
Mr. Jones’ Orphanage has several branches in Bangkok, but check out the photos on their website of the Mr. Jones’ Orphanage branch in Thong Lor – gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.