I’m really the world’s worst cook, so anything that is very simple to make is definitely something I’m going to gravitate towards. This recipe for Bananas in Coconut Milk is one of the simplest Thai desserts you can make. A Thai friend taught me how to do it and I made it perfectly myself the first time I tried it. This is all you need for a delicious, quick dessert.
4-6 bananas that are just beginning to turn ripe
2 1/4 cups of coconut milk (you can buy at Asian grocery stores)
1/4 cup of coconut cream
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
2 pinches of salt
2-3 drops of vanilla essence
1. Take the banana peel off the bananas, cut into half then cut each half into approximately 3 pieces. Put aside on a plate.
2. Put the coconut milk into a pan and add the salt. Cook it over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it boils. Once boiled, turn down the heat and add the bananas.
3. Cook the bananas in the coconut milk until they are soft. Add the sugar and the vanilla essence and stir again.
4. Cook another 1-2 minutes until the sugar has all dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and add the coconut cream. Mix together quickly.
5. Spoon the bananas and coconut mixture into dessert bowls and serve while warm.
(this recipe makes enough for 4 people).